Phoenix Cleaning Company are your local gutter cleaners who provide both commercial and residential gutter cleaning services in Leeds and throughout the Yorkshire area.
We offer the following gutter services :
- Domestic gutter cleaning
- Unblocking downpipes
- Minor gutter repairs
- Commercial gutter cleaning
- Commercial roof cleaning
All of our staff are fully trained in the use of all of the equipment they will be using, insured and also health & safety trained.
So, for a no-obligation quote, just give our Leeds office a call. Most of the time our stall will be able to give you your quote over the phone.
Domestic Gutter Cleaning
If you don’t check your gutters regularly don’t worry most people don’t, indeed they may be so high and inaccessibly they never check them. Our first step is to take photographs of the inside of the gutters to be able to demonstrate how much attention they are in need of. The amount of dirt leaves moss etc can be a bit of a shock and lead to expensive damage. We often find bird nests and seeds blown into the debris and growing quite sizeable plants as well as grass.
We proceed to clean them out using specially shaped scoop hand tools like the “hedgehog” or our telescopic tool to remove the majority of the rubbish and build up efficiently. This is not tipped out onto the ground to be picked up later we transfer this immediately to buckets at high level to avoid contamination at ground level. All the rain water pipes are checked also to ensure they are free running
Next, we like to get our hands dirty and make the final clean by hand. We have yet to find anything at versatile as the human hand for this final clean. We now undertake a flush out water check which whilst finalising the clean this also allows us to check for any damage to the system. Any clips which have sprung are clipped back any screws loose are tightened all within the cost. We also carry some rubber gaskets for some of the popular systems so any defective gutter joints with can be repaired at the same time.
A final flush and you are clean and ready to go with new photographic evidence of a job well done.
Commercial Gutter Cleaning
Commercial gutter cleaning is a different kettle of fish and is mainly a “one off” situation with a site appraisal and quotation to define the work.
Many jobs however share common characteristics. For instance, we often use a free-standing hydraulic cherry picker with a what is the reach and how far can it lean etc reach. This enables jobs to be carried out with the minimum of fuss avoiding scaffolding disruption and costs. It also means we can often deal with work early morning 4am if necessary, in summer to avoid upset within the site or adjoining public roads.
Much of this work is done with specialised plant involving sucking the debris directly from the gutter some however still reverts to the traditional hand methods.
Whichever method you choose it can be followed with a coat of specialist black sealer to upgrade the waterproofing and cure small leaks. Done at the time the gutters are clean and dry this can be surprisingly inexpensive and yet give a big benefit.
We would be happy to discuss your requirements simply give us a ring or complete our contact form
Frequently Asked Questions
The majority of homeowners will overlook the importance of having their gutters cleaned, unblocked. They think, that as long as they can’t see anything then their gutters must be fine.
However if you have a blocked gutter then it can’t do its job and control the flow of rainwater to protect your roof, walls, foundation and landscape. Instead of the water being diverted away into the drains the water will overflow over the side of your gutters. The overflowing of water can cause a number of different water related problems with your house, such as basement flooding, mildew and mold, structural issues and foundation damage. These issues will cost you a lot more to fix than how much it costs to get your gutters cleaned.
Damp does not only damage the structure of your house but it can also affect your families and your health.
All this can be avoided by having your gutters cleaned regularly.
The best way to avoid having any gutter problems is to check your gutters are working correctly on a regular basis. Here are a few things to look for when checking to see if you have a blocked gutter.
- Pests or birds by your roof – A big sign is if you start to notice birds, pest or animals scurrying around your gutters. Birds have found that gutters are a very convenient place to build their nests.
- You gutters are overflowing – Another telltale sign is that your gutter are overflowing like a waterfall. A blockage in your gutter can cause the water in them to build up and then overflow, leading to expensive water related damages to your home.
- Your Gutters Appear To Be Sagging – The weight caused by all of the debris in your gutter, leaves, grass, dirt, grit etc can cause your gutters to bend and sag between the supports. The sagging gutters will be ineffective at disposing of the water.
- Plants growing in your gutter – If you have ever noticed a garden in your gutter then thats a definite indication that your gutters are blocked and need cleaning
- Can’t remember when you had your gutters cleaned last – If you can’t remember when was the last time that you had your gutters cleaned then you’re gutters are ready for a serious cleaning. In reality your should have your guttering system cleaned at least once a year to ensure that it can do its job properly and protect your home against expensive damages.